Wednesday, December 19, 2012

3 weeks after surgery

Yesterday marked three weeks since I had the operation on my left foot. Things have progressed considerably, better than I initially anticipated. I am walking now, using a cane only for long distances and stairs but soon I will not need it any longer. I have continued to wear the ankle brace and will do so until I see the doctor in a couple weeks and he gives me the go ahead to walk without it. 

After prolonged periods of walking or standing, my foot starts to ache but 1) as time passes it’s getting easier and 2) this short-term pain is for long-term gain making the present situation easier to bear. Additionally, I get a bit of soreness in my leg as my body is getting used to walking differently with my foot in its corrected position. At this point the swelling has come down substantially and I can already see a difference in the overall shape of my foot. There is a more pronounced arch although I have not walked barefoot yet (the ultimate test) but I am believing for good things. 

It’s kind of crazy because at this point I have no idea what to expect but the situation has never looked more hopeful. I have a lot on my to-do list once I’m fully recovered. I haven’t jogged in two years or jumped in four years (crazy) but circumstances are changing as I type this out. The closest thing I can relate it to is pent-up demand whereby people have been deprived of something for so long that they go crazy when they get their hands on it. I am feeling a lot of gratitude for everything that has transpired over the past few weeks and am excited to keep moving forward.

Verse of the day: "Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:30-31



No comments:

Post a Comment