Monday, January 21, 2013

8 Weeks Out

Today marks eight weeks since the surgery on my left foot. I can already tell that my life is changing drastically. A week and a half ago I was able to take off the brace and simply put my foot in a shoe. No orthotic (i.e. custom arch support), just my foot inside of a sock inside of a shoe. I haven’t done that in more than ten years. It feels good! It also feels different, but I am welcoming this period of adjustment with open arms. I have no pain walking or going up and down stairs. I can walk full speed, but I do take it easy when going down stairs. I am really thankful and in awe at how well my foot is responding to the device. Additionally, my knee pain is fading, another great sign. Things are looking up!

I spoke to the doctor last week and am scheduled to have my other foot operated on next month. I am in a bit of an awkward stage right now because one foot is corrected and the other isn’t so when I stand barefoot, my right foot starts hurting but the left has no pain. Needless to say I am excited to move forward and have the operation on my other foot. I am amazed at how quickly things are coming together. This is something that I have been dealing with for quite some time now and for it to be resolved in a matter of months is crazy to me. I know I’m not near finished yet but there is light at the end of this tunnel. Super super thankful and hopeful.

Verse of the day: “Our help is in the name of the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.” Psalm 124:8

No comments:

Post a Comment