Saturday, February 23, 2013

One Down, One to Go!!!


Four days ago I had the Hyprocure procedure on my other foot (the right one). Thus far, things are going smoothly. I must admit that this process is much easier than my initial surgery when I had no idea what to expect. I had my ice packs and medication ready to go, my fridge stocked and the path to my couch fully cleared so I could immediately lay down once home from the hospital. My expertise with crutches from the first operation has served me well this time around. I knew how to use them before, but my shoulders have developed endurance from the last time around, an unintended benefit. The procedure was exactly the same as last time; same doctor, same anesthesia and I even saw the same nurse in the pre-op room. Right after the anesthesiologist put the drugs in my IV I passed out, and when I woke up it was all over. I actually thought I woke up during the surgery but it was just my doctor taking out the stitches from my other foot – that would have been terrible. The nurse was there to greet me with some ginger ale and crackers. I had never been so happy to see some Canada Dry and saltines; I was really hungry from having not eaten since the previous evening. Afterwards my mom and godmother drove me back to my apartment, but we managed to get lost along the way. I’m pretty bad with giving directions and apparently I’m not much better right after surgery.

The past few days have been pretty peaceful. I haven’t had much pain, similar to last time. I have passed the time working from home, watching TV, and reading some. The first two days were fine, but now I’m starting to get a little restless; my back hurts from sitting too much (I can’t complain though). I am looking forward to walking next week when I go to see the doctor.

As an update, my left foot (which I had the operation on three months ago) feels and looks amazing. I have no pain from putting all my weight on it, something that would have been impossible literally three months ago. Obviously, I am not fully recovered but I am really glad I made the decision to get this procedure. Things are only going to get better and I will be sure to document it here.

Verse of the day: “Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this” Psalm 37:5

7 comments:

  1. Great Blog! Thank you for sharing your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone who may visit this site for information.

    I am going to get this done. I am going to need both feet done. I am planning on getting the left foot done first around June 2013. I have researched and have to say that I believe that there is a greater percentage of success stories. Like in a recent study(2013) right on the website itself that states 95% success rate. It was really good.

    Jonathan your information was extremely helpful and inspiring. I do not know If I will blog my progress, but thought to add to someone who started a blog in the comment section such as yourself.

    Their are success stories all over the internet and I am hoping to add mine soon.

    God bless you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To any who will view this. I am the post just above this.

      I have not found a lot of information about the hyprocure except for all of the wonderful bloggers. I will be getting this procedure done in June 2013 (I hope), so I have decided to pay it forward and blog :). Here is my blog.

      http://samantha153.wordpress.com/2013/04/26/hyprocure-surgery/

      I hope it is as helpful as all of yours were.

      Delete
    2. Hey Samantha! Thanks a lot for your support. Best wishes for your upcoming operation, I pray that everything goes smoothly and you will have no pain in your feet shortly. I know how tough dealing with all of this can be, but if you need anything let me know. The few of us with tatotarsal displacement have got to watch out for each other lol. I am defintely going to check out your blog. Take care!

      Delete
  3. who did you guys use as your surgeon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lung cancer often goes unnoticed in its early stages. As the disease develops, a persistent cough develop and chronic cough worsen. include chest pain, shortness of breath, hoarseness, bloody fluid coughed up from the respiratory tract, and frequent bouts of bronchitis or pneumonia. Sometimes the first was bone pain, headaches, dizziness,I was so piss off and tired of my life until i read about Dr Itua herbal medicine on blogspot i really thought it was scam when i first contacted him so little time i think about it and bought the herbal medicine which i took for three weeks and i was totally cured his treatment is so unique,I never thought i will be able to be free from Lung Cancer.But not only this Lung Cancer This great man can cure,Dr Itua also told me he can cure such diseases like... COLORECTAL CANCER, BLADDER CANCER, PROSTATE CANCER, KIDNEY CANCER, LUNG CANCER, SKIN CANCER,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia. UTERINE CANCER, LEUKEMIA,HIV/AIDS,OVARIAN CANCER,BLOOD CANCER,MEN/WOMAN INFERTILITY,BURKITT LYMPHOMA - NON-HODGKIN.BRONNCHIAL TUMORS, BRAIN TUMORS,BILE DUCT CANCER,BONE CANCER,VAGINAL CANCER,HERPES VIRUS,LOVE SPELL,HEPATITIS,HE'S A GREAT HERBAL DOCTOR.HERE HIS CONTACT EMAIL::: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/. WHATSAPP:::+2348149277967
    Lung cancer often goes unnoticed in its early stages. As the disease develops, a persistent cough develop and chronic cough worsen. include chest pain, shortness of breath, hoarseness, bloody fluid coughed up from the respiratory tract, and frequent bouts of bronchitis or pneumonia. Sometimes the first was bone pain, headaches, dizziness,I was so piss off and tired of my life until i read about Dr Itua herbal medicine on blogspot i really thought it was scam when i first contacted him so little time i think about it and bought the herbal medicine which i took for three weeks and i was totally cured his treatment is so unique,I never thought i will be able to be free from Lung Cancer.But not only this Lung Cancer This great man can cure,Dr Itua also told me he can cure such diseases like... COLORECTAL CANCER, BLADDER CANCER, PROSTATE CANCER, KIDNEY CANCER, LUNG CANCER, SKIN CANCER,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lupus,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia. UTERINE CANCER, LEUKEMIA,HIV/AIDS,OVARIAN CANCER,BLOOD CANCER,MEN/WOMAN INFERTILITY,BURKITT LYMPHOMA - NON-HODGKIN.BRONNCHIAL TUMORS, BRAIN TUMORS,BILE DUCT CANCER,BONE CANCER,VAGINAL CANCER,HERPES VIRUS,LOVE SPELL,HEPATITIS,HE'S A GREAT HERBAL DOCTOR.HERE HIS CONTACT EMAIL::: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/. WHATSAPP:::+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete