Thursday, May 2, 2013

Making Progress...It's Undeniable!!

Greetings! It has been awhile since I have updated this, but I come with good news. It has been 2.5 months since I had surgery on my right foot and a little over five months since I had the first surgery on my left foot. To say that things are going well would be an understatement. I am walking around without orthotics in my shoes (which doctors told me would never happen) and I have no pain in my feet (which is foreign to me) but I can definitely get used to this. A couple weeks ago I was able to walk into a shoe store and buy shoes without needing to put my insoles in them first, something I hadn’t done in more than ten years. God is good. For real. Make no mistake, the journey has not been a piece of cake, but if I had to go through it again I would not hesitate. Although I have no pain in my feet, I am still getting used to walking now that I am using muscles in my legs/feet that I didn’t use before when my feet were misaligned.

I do have lingering knee discomfort, when I walk my knee pops, but I should note that it is only when I wear dress shoes for work. I think I need to buy some new shoes, but as a precaution, I scheduled a session for physical therapy this week. I am not sure I need it but I think it would be helpful to go through strengthening exercises for my knees and the rest of my lower body. I will do a better job of updating this (at least once a month) because although I have made a lot of improvement, I know that I still have a ways to go before I am running/jumping. I am not quite where I want to be but thank God I’m not where I used to be. I am so grateful. 

Verse of the day: “But thanks be to God! He gives us victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 
1 Corinthians 15:57

5 comments:

  1. Hi,

    how are you now?

    Your experience seems very very positive, it seems like you had very little pain when you began walking on your feet that has been operated. Is it really the case? I read others blogs and the majority said they experienced a lot of pain when beginning to walk the first weeks. I am asking because I have the seurgery scheduled for soon.
    Thanks

    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alexandra!!

      I am doing really well - thanks. I have been meaning to post an update, I will get to that shortly. Honestly, I did not have much pain in my feet right after the operation. For the first week after each foot, I was confined to my couch so I didn't put any pressure on my feet at all. After that, I used crutches so I didn't have to put all of my weight on my foot. A little less than two weeks after each surgery I used a cane to support part of my weight and then around two weeks I started walking with a brace on my foot.

      I definitely experienced soreness and some pain in my foot but not to the point that I needed to take the prescribed medication. I was really surprised, between the two operations I probably took five pain pills combined.

      I understand that it varies from patient to patient but I think if you take all of the steps your doctor recommends during the first week, i.e. applying ice every couple hours, taking medication for the swelling, and keeping your foot elevated, it will really help with the healing process.

      I hope this was helpful, if you have any further questions I'd be happy to answer. Best wishes for your upcoming operation!!

      Jonathan

      Delete
    2. Hi Jonathan,

      thanks for the answer.
      And what about the pains in your body? Are they still there?

      Also, do you have an arch?


      Thanks and good day

      Alexandra

      Delete
    3. Hey I just posted an update. The pain is completely gone from my left foot and I'd say 90% gone from my right. I am dealing with some knee pain from weak leg muscles, but you can read more about it in the post above.

      Delete
  2. Lung cancer often goes unnoticed in its early stages. As the disease develops, a persistent cough develop and chronic cough worsen. include chest pain, shortness of breath, hoarseness, bloody fluid coughed up from the respiratory tract, and frequent bouts of bronchitis or pneumonia. Sometimes the first was bone pain, headaches, dizziness,I was so piss off and tired of my life until i read about Dr Itua herbal medicine on blogspot i really thought it was scam when i first contacted him so little time i think about it and bought the herbal medicine which i took for three weeks and i was totally cured his treatment is so unique,I never thought i will be able to be free from Lung Cancer.But not only this Lung Cancer This great man can cure,Dr Itua also told me he can cure such diseases like... COLORECTAL CANCER, BLADDER CANCER, PROSTATE CANCER, KIDNEY CANCER, LUNG CANCER, SKIN CANCER,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia. UTERINE CANCER, LEUKEMIA,HIV/AIDS,OVARIAN CANCER,BLOOD CANCER,MEN/WOMAN INFERTILITY,BURKITT LYMPHOMA - NON-HODGKIN.BRONNCHIAL TUMORS, BRAIN TUMORS,BILE DUCT CANCER,BONE CANCER,VAGINAL CANCER,HERPES VIRUS,LOVE SPELL,HEPATITIS,HE'S A GREAT HERBAL DOCTOR.HERE HIS CONTACT EMAIL::: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/. WHATSAPP:::+2348149277967
    Lung cancer often goes unnoticed in its early stages. As the disease develops, a persistent cough develop and chronic cough worsen. include chest pain, shortness of breath, hoarseness, bloody fluid coughed up from the respiratory tract, and frequent bouts of bronchitis or pneumonia. Sometimes the first was bone pain, headaches, dizziness,I was so piss off and tired of my life until i read about Dr Itua herbal medicine on blogspot i really thought it was scam when i first contacted him so little time i think about it and bought the herbal medicine which i took for three weeks and i was totally cured his treatment is so unique,I never thought i will be able to be free from Lung Cancer.But not only this Lung Cancer This great man can cure,Dr Itua also told me he can cure such diseases like... COLORECTAL CANCER, BLADDER CANCER, PROSTATE CANCER, KIDNEY CANCER, LUNG CANCER, SKIN CANCER,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lupus,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia. UTERINE CANCER, LEUKEMIA,HIV/AIDS,OVARIAN CANCER,BLOOD CANCER,MEN/WOMAN INFERTILITY,BURKITT LYMPHOMA - NON-HODGKIN.BRONNCHIAL TUMORS, BRAIN TUMORS,BILE DUCT CANCER,BONE CANCER,VAGINAL CANCER,HERPES VIRUS,LOVE SPELL,HEPATITIS,HE'S A GREAT HERBAL DOCTOR.HERE HIS CONTACT EMAIL::: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/. WHATSAPP:::+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete