Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 4

There is much to be thankful for; my left foot is continuing to strengthen and improve. The numbness that I had following the surgery has pretty much disappeared and my foot is starting to feel natural. I had the chance to speak with the doctor earlier for the first time since the surgery. Apparently he spoke to me right after the operation on Monday but I must have still been knocked out because I have no recollection of that encounter. He told me that everything went well with the insertion of the stent but to be careful moving my foot because the only thing holding it in place is the tissues which are not fully healed yet. He then hit me with a couple technical terms about the structure of my foot and why he did things a certain way during the operation. I have no idea what he said (there was definitely some Latin in there) or what he meant but I trust it all went well. I am supposed to see him in a couple of days to remove the bandages and get my walking boot. I am still shocked at how little pain I have had since the procedure; the doctor said that was an encouraging sign!

Today my uncle picked me up and took me to see my grandma. It was nice getting out of my apartment and breathing fresh air. There is a lot of clutter in her house, making it difficult to move around with crutches. Every time I got up she was worried I was about to either trip or break something, she started praying when I got up to use the bathroom. Although I caused her a bit of stress she was happy to see me, the feeling was mutual. I am planning on being a bit more active now that it's been a few days and the weekend is here, but am trying not to overdo it. Progress is being made though, there is no doubt about that. Bon Dieu Bon!

Verse of the day: "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" - Philippians 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment